Bombay School - Our Best Always - Ake Runga - Years 0 to 8

Bombay School Newsletter 19 November 2020 (#35) 
~ Our Best Always ~  Ake Runga ~   

Covid 19 Alert Level 1
Kotuitui Camp

Countdown widget by beepmyclock.com

Principal's Message - Te Karere a te Tumuaki

Dear families and friends of the school,

Mrs Wichman

Mrs Wichman returned to school today after her wonderful wedding ceremony and honeymoon.
She has given us permission to share this beautiful picture with you. Congratulations to the Wichmans.

Fun Day Friday - thank you to all the helpers - those pictured and those who are not.  

Book Fair

Our world famous in Bombay Book Fair ends today.  A huge vote of thanks to Mrs Hughes and her team.  The book fair did approximately $4000 in sales.  Thank you for supporting this.

Thank you to Mrs Yorwarth and Team

Mrs Yorwarth and her team are owed a vote of thanks for their hard work in running the athletics this year and for supporting our teams in North Group and Zone Athletics.

Extra Pudding Awards

Parent, teacher, student conferences:  (Thursday 26 November)

These will take place 26 November. You can book here

[ booking code is  f5scv  ]

School closes at 12.30pm

Please remember to support mini gala tomorrow, Friday 20 Nov.  Our seniors have been working hard to present a fun-filled day for our students. For those families who are new to the school here is a video of what the day looks like. We recommend that you send your child to school with $5 to $10.  Thank you for your support.

**********

Survey

We know that households are pretty busy at this time of year, so we apologise in advance for yet another survey. Below is the annual 6 questions Survey. This helps us to understand how well we are faring. We will leave this survey in the newsletter for 3 weeks. We would be most grateful if you could complete the survey. Please don't forget to click the submit button at the end. Thank you.

*********

Kind regards,

Paul

2020 Camp Details

As more information becomes available, we will add the links here.

Kotuitui Y5/6
Peter Snell Youth Village
Camp Dates Tuesday 8 till Friday 12 December 2020
PSYV WEBSITE
Camp Letter 1
Deposit is refundable if the camp is cancelled because COVID alert levels rise to 3 or 4.
Kakahu Y7/8
Kawau Island
Mon 30 Nov - Fri 4 Dec

Camp Bentzon 
Camp Letter 1

Parent helpers for camp must be police vetted within the last three years.   There is no need to be vetted again if the school has done a vet for you after June 2017.  If you would like to know if you've been vetted, please email ppetersen@bombay.school.nz.

Get a Police Vet Form. There is a cost of $10 . Vet results can take several weeks. Don't delay.

Sports Calendar

Thursday 19 November Franklin Zone Athletics @ Pukekohe High School
Thursday 26 November Auckland Champion of Champions Athletics (Yr 7 & 8)

Tuesday 17 November North Group Athletics

Congratulations to all the students who represented Bombay School at this event held on Tuesday.  We had a great day with some excellent results.  Thank you Parents and family members for your help.
Results below:

35 Paparata Road, Bombay 2675
P 09 236 1012 | F 09 236 0458 | E admin@bombay.school.nz