Newsletter : 26 Feb to 4 March
Welcome to the Bombay School Newsletter
( If you are viewing this newsletter on your phone, turn it landscape.)
( If you fill in an embedded form in this newsletter - remember to get to the end of the newsletter and to press the blue SUBMIT button. We can only see submitted forms.)

Sign in to Google to save your progress. Learn more
School Calendar 26 Feb - 4 March
Friday 26 February
No School Events. Cat Show in the hall tomorrow.

Monday 29 February
No School Events.

Tuesday 1 March
Senior Swimming Sports @ Tuakau Pools. All Welcome

Wednesday 2 March

Thursday 3 March
Junior School Swimming Sports @ School from 1.30 pm. All Welcome
Newsletter sent out today

Friday 4 March

Feedback : Newsletter format
We recently received feedback about the newsletter format.  Four parents found it hard to go back and forth between the form sections and the embedded links and one parent wanted the newsletter to be in PDF format too.
In this edition of the newsletter, we've addressed those issues.  The form now has one section, so scrolling through it while on your cellphone should be easier.  As of this week, we are also sending the newsletter out as a PDF. Thank you for your feedback - it's always appreciated.
Meet the teacher
Thank you to all the parents who came along yesterday afternoon for Goal Setting/Meet the Teacher.
The Cricket game before interviews
Chromebook Maintenance
Starting next week the school will begin checking that all chromebooks are enrolled correctly.  This is part of our regular checks and maintenance aimed at ensuring that the devices are optimised and safe for school use.  The only impact seen by students will be :
1. Any data stored on the machine will be wiped. Please save this on data sticks or your Google Drive if you want to keep it.  It is school policy that data should be stored in the student's Google Drive.
2. Once the machine is enrolled, you will have to re-enter the password for your home network.

Have we got your correct postal address?
We have the Board of Trustees elections this year. Please check we have your correct postal address to ensure all relevant information can be sent to you. If you are unsure you can check with Lorraine or Heidi in the office or email:
admin@bombay.school.nz
Australian Schools Competitions
These competitions are held by the University of New South Wales Education Testing Centre and compare the relative performance of students in each school year, in various curriculum areas.
Students who enter the competitions tend to be high achievers in the tested Curriculum areas, but the competitions are open to all who wish to enter.
If you wish your child to enter a competition, please complete an entry form available from the office and return it to school with the total payment due.  The last day for entries will be MONDAY 21 MARCH.  

Susie Stafford-Bush
Assistant Principal

AUSTRALIAN SCHOOLS COMPETITIONS

Digital Technologies Wednesday 18 May $8.50(Previously Computer Studies)
Science                         Tuesday 31 May         $8.50
English                         Monday 1 August $8.50
Mathematics         Monday 15 August   $8.50

Home & School Meeting
Our next H & S meeting is Monday 29 February @ 7 pm in the staffroom. All welcome-it would be great to see some new faces.
News from the ‘HOME AND SCHOOL’ COMMITTEE
Hello, my name is Debbie Somervell and I am the President of the Bombay ‘Home and School’ Committee.  My reason for joining the H & S committee was to meet some new parents and help in any way I could, to support the school.
We have a small core group of parents and would love to see some new families come and join us. Our meetings are once a month, usually on a Monday night at 7 pm in the School staffroom.  It is a fairly informal meeting, so don’t be scared.

What is ‘Home and School’?
Basically, it is another name for the “PTA”.  In the past the PTA’s mission statement was:
To foster the growth of parent/caregiver/teacher relationships and so achieve a mutual understanding of goals and to assist in raising funds to provide improved facilities and opportunities for members of the school community.
So, in short, raise funds for all the extras, have some fun and support our school.  And as they say “many hands make light work”.
So I extend an invitation to all new and existing parents to come along to the next Home and School meeting, it would be great to meet you.
Our next meeting is: Monday 29 February @ 7 pm in the Boardroom.
If you are unable to come to the meeting, but have some ideas, resources or contacts you think may help us, please don’t hesitate to email me direct on: bradndeb@xtra.co.nz
Hope to see you soon.
Deb Somervell 

How to help at home
In order for children to succeed to the potential at school, the partnership between home and school is vital.
Children need to be supported by their parents and teachers in order to do well at school.
If you want to know more about how you can help your child at home, follow this link :

http://bit.ly/1UllCng

This link will take you to useful ideas which are categorised by student year level.

ASB School Banking
Banking Day is Wednesday.
Congratulations to this week's banker of the week: Johno
If you would like to open an account for your child, you can collect forms from the school office.
Lost
One Bombay School Polar Fleece clearly named Zaniah .
One pair of Black Speedo's -named on tag David or DW.
One Red and White floral Swim bag with Rainbow coloured Speedo togs, multi coloured goggles and a striped towel from Country Road named Hannah.
Please check these have not come home by mistake.
If any of these items are found, please return to the office.
No toys at school
Students are not to bring toys to school. Thank you.
Uniform Shop
The Uniform shop is open every Monday evening from 5:15 pm to 6:15 pm. We also have order forms available from the office or they can be downloaded from the school website.
Parent Helpers & Police Vetting
Are you a parent who regularly helps out at school?  Are you wanting to be a camp helper?  Why not consider consenting to a police vet which will be valid for 3 years? We will keep the result on file while your child is at school. You will then be cleared as a helper.  Doing this now will prevent a bottle neck when camp time comes around.   If you'd like to be emailed a consent form, please fill in your email address below. Don't forget to scroll right to the end of this newsletter and to click the blue submit button. We won't get your details, if you don't.

What is your email address? We will email a police vet form to you.
From the Green Team
The Green Team would like to thank Kevin Belz for the hard work he has put into making these wonderful shelves for the new shade house.  We are indebted to him for the time and effort he has put into them.  We really appreciate your efforts.

Thank you Mr Belz - we are thrilled with our tunnel house.
Take a look at the huge Pumpkin growing in our garden
Coming Events
Thursday 25 Feb          Yr 3 & 4 School Swimming Sport 1.30 pm @ school
Tuesday 1 March         School Swimming Sports Yr 5 - 8 (selected Yr 4's will attend)
Friday 4 March             North Group Swimming Sports Yr 6 & below
Tuesday 8 March         North Groups Swimming Sports Yr 7 & 8
Tuesday 15 March       Franklin Zone Swimming Sports Yr 7 & 8
Wednesday 16 March Practice-Franklin Triathlon
Friday 18 March            Franklin Zone Swimming Sports Yr 6 & below
Monday 21 March        Franklin Triathlon @ Clarks Beach
Wednesday 30 March  Champion of Champions Swimming
* Swimming caps in House colours are available from the office for $5 each.

School Swimming Sports Yr 5-8
This event will be held at Tuakau Pools on Tuesday 1 March. Events start at 9.45 am. All parents welcome and we will be looking for timekeepers on the day.
Junior School Swimming
Rooms 4, 5 ,6 & 7 will have a swimming demonstration on Thursday 3rd March at 1.30 pm. All welcome.

Parents please note: Juniors swim everyday. Please send your child to school with named togs and a towel.
Year 3 Camp
Year 3 camp to be held on 10th - 11th March staying overnight on the school field.  Year 3 parents have a camp meeting at 3 pm in Room 9 today  to go over what is happening at camp. Parents please remember to keep sending all camp forms back to school as soon as possible.
Netball Trials
Franklin Triathlon
We have 87 pupils entered in the triathlon. Well done! The following children are still on my list but not entered to my knowledge: Katie, Lochlyn, Toby & Peter, Leah & Hamish, Ella & Isaac, Adam, Jack, Harrison, Sam, Carlos, Nathan, Mackenzie, Cameron.
Enter on the Fulton Swim School website under Franklin Triathlon, then let me know email: drolfe@bombay.school.nz
Keep up the bike training-we dont want too many wobbly legs after the bike leg!
Regards Di Rolfe
COMMUNITY NOTICES
PUKEKOHE UNITED HOCKEY CLUB 2016 HOCKEY SEASON – Muster and REGISTRATION
Pukekohe United Hockey will be holding a Muster at the Counties Turf, 66 Beresford St, Pukekohe
Sunday 6th March 10am - Midday
Register online or at the muster for the upcoming season.

New & existing players welcome.

Please direct further enquiries to
Junior Hockey (Year 0 to Year 8)
Kristen Russell 027 493 1481, kristen@oceaniahelicopters.com
Senior Hockey (Year 8 and above)
Mike Garth: 027 703 8942, mike.garth@downer.co.nz
Cat Show
Catz Inc will  be holding their cat show at Bombay School hall on 27 February. Viewing to the public will be open from 10 am to 4 pm. See all different types of breeds of cats including domestic and pedigrees.
Adults - $4 Seniors and Children $2 and Family Pass $10
Ridesmart Equestrian Centre, Linwood Rd, Karaka
Lessons available for beginners thru to experienced riders, both Children and Adults welcome. For more information please call Angie 021 461 199
Bombay Junior Rugby Cluc
REGISTRATION EVENINGS
23rd & 25th Feb, 1st Mar
5pm-7pm at the Clubrooms
MUSTER
20th March 10.00am at Clubrooms
Come and join our family friendly club.
Check out our Facebook page- Bombay Junior Rugby Club

Bombay Playcentre
A fun safe learning environment for young children 0-5 yrs. General sessions (0-5 yrs) Mon/Wed/Fri 9 am- 12 pm. Under 1's free. Bumble Bee sessions (drop off for 3 yr+) Tues/Thurs 9 am - 12 pm. We offer 3 free visits so feel free to come along and see what we are all about. Ph 09 236 0741
KRMA Martial Arts
KRMA Martial Arts at Bombay School Hall.Mon & Wed Ph Richard 09 292 5851.
Event - St John Market Friday 26 February
Address - 3 Constable Road (St John hall)
Time - 4pm - 8pm
Inside and outside stalls available - $20 each
Please phone Linda 02040704317 for stall bookings
Come and join in the Friday night fun.  Bring the family along and enjoy a night out full with fun and laghter for the whole family.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me on the below details.
0272363804
cheryls.madhouse@live.com
Scouts
Scouts New Zealand are looking for any 6 - 14 year old boys and girls who would like to become part of a world wide organisation providing fun programmes for children.
Keas               6 – 7 year olds              
Cubs               7 ½ - 10½ year olds meet on Thursday’s 6.15 pm to 7.45 pm  
Scouts            10½ - 14 year olds meet on Tuesday’s 6.15 pm – 8.15 pm
We already have Cubs and Scouts and are looking at forming a Kea Club, for the younger children.
We would like to meet with any parents interested and will provide more information on Thursday 3 March 2016
at the Bombay Scout Den, 31 Paparata Road, Bombay, from 7.30 pm – 8.30 pm
If you are unable to make the meeting, please phone Group Leader, Jill Wilson, on    09 238-1512 (evenings) for more information or email to andill@actrix.co.nz 

Soccer
After/ Before School Care
Engraving
Cooking Demo and Book Promo
Did you have a question to ask? Please enter your email address, so that we can reply to you, then ask your question.
Please ask your question. [26/02/16].                        Then click "Submit"
If you need an urgent response, it would be better to call the office on 09 2361012.
Submit
Clear form
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Bombay School. Report Abuse