Newsletter : 10 March to 17 March
Welcome to the Bombay School Newsletter
( If you are viewing this newsletter on your phone, turn it landscape.)
( If you fill in an embedded form in this newsletter - remember to get to the end of the newsletter and to press the blue SUBMIT button. We can only see submitted forms.)

Sign in to Google to save your progress. Learn more
School Calendar 10 March - 17 March
Thursday 10 March
Yr 3 Camp @ School

Friday 11 March
Yr 3 Camp @ School
Rauamoko Dance Trip Yr 5/6

Monday 14 March
No events

Tuesday 15 March
Franklin Zone Swimming Sports Yr 7 & 8
No Assembly

Wednesday 16 March
Pukekohe High School Band 1.30 pm in the Hall
Practice-Franklin Triathlon-competitors remember your bikes

Thursday 17 March
Newsletter sent out today
Children emailing their parents during the school day
If your child emails you during the school day to say they are not feeling well and they want to come home, please call the office before doing anything about it.
Children who are sick must report to the sick bay where our staff will assess the severity and make a determination about whether or not to call you.
How we select school leaders
If you want to know more about our process - please follow this link.
http://www.bombay.school.nz/23/pages/83-school-leaders-selection-criteria
Internet safety
The school cannot control what your child does at home with their chromebook.  
We have noted that several children are using video chat rooms and that they have their own Youtube  and Facebook accounts.
We strongly discourage this.  It is against school policy for our email addresses to be used to set up any accounts we have not authorised.
We recommend that you monitor what your child does on the chromebook/ internet while at home.  Make it a rule that chromebooks are not to be used in the bedroom.  Maintain tight control over your child's access to social media.  Ensure that strong family friendly content filtering is in place on your home network.
Regularly check your child's browsing history and if this has been deleted it should raise a red flag for you.
Chess Club
We would like to start a chess club at school. Several students have indicated an interest.
If you have a complete chess set that's looking for a new home, could you kindly consider donating that to us? Please send to the office.
Drop off bay
The drop off bay is for drop offs only. Please don't pick up from this bay. It's a kiss and go zone.   Too many people are waiting there or worse stopping there and getting out of their cars.  Buses also need to use this bay, so it needs to be as clear as possible.  
Charitable Trusts
At our recent Home and School meeting we discussed ways to generate income for the school.  Applying to charitable trusts came up as a strong avenue for us to pursue. If you have any skills or experience in making these applications, could you please email Deb Sommervell : bradndeb@xtra.co.nz
Easter School Holiday
School will be closed on Friday 25 March, Monday 28 March & Tuesday 29 March for the Easter break. Kids After school will be operating on Tuesday 29 March.
Starting the conversation.  Here's a teaser.  If you're a parent who could drive this, we'd been keen to talk with you. - Joh & Paul
See Bikes in Schools Video - below
Bikes in schools
Have we got your correct postal address?
We have the Board of Trustees elections this year. Please check we have your correct postal address to ensure all relevant information can be sent to you. If you are unsure you can check with Lorraine or Heidi in the office or email:
admin@bombay.school.nz

Considering becoming a trustee?  Watch this useful video:

http://resources.nzsta.org.nz/videos/becomeatrustee/html5video.html

Change of procedure in the morning
All children who are late to school must report to the office to get a card to take to their class Teacher. This is for the safety of our children so they are marked as present.
PHOTOLIFE STUDIOS CLASS AND INDIVIDUAL
PHOTOS will be taken on Tuesday 22 March. Forms were sent home this week for you to order and prepay for your photos. Please read the instructions carefully. All orders must be received by Monday 21 March. If you are paying photos with one cheque, please just staple the envelopes together, placing the cheque in one of the envelopes. Sibling envelopes are available on request, from the school office.  
Only Bombay school students will be photographed.

Scholastic Book Orders
Thank you to everyone who orders from Scholastic. Please double check your total amount when placing your orders as we have had a number of discrepancies. This is especially important when using a credit card for payment. Thank you.
Junior School Breakfast @ Camp Friday 11 March
Tomorrow the Juniors (rooms 4,5,6,&7) have been invited to have breakfast at the Y3 camp - at 9am.
The students will need to bring a named 'ditty bag' containing a named plate, bowl, cup, fork, spoon and tea towel.
New Breakout Space
This week the new Breakout Space has been used in conjunction with Junior School EOTC Week.The children have been enjoying studying Water Science.
Safety at the School Gate
Park safely and keep our kids safe

This year our school is participating in Auckland Transport’s ‘Safety at the School Gate’ programme. Drivers who stop in the wrong place to drop off passengers put the safety of children at risk. Parking officers will be on patrol outside the school this year and will be issuing tickets to drivers who park illegally.

The agreed approach is ‘zero tolerance’ – There will be no warnings issued, you will receive a ticket if you are double parked, parked on yellow lines, or over someone’s driveway – or for any other vehicle safety offence.

Please park legally to keep our children safe and to avoid being ticketed.

Home & School Easter Raffle
The Bombay Home and School would be very grateful for all donations, big or small, for this year’s raffle.
This exciting, fun raffle is the highlight for many Bombay Children building up to their Easter break.
Lucky winners are announced at the conclusion of the final assembly before Easter.
Prizes are split into sensible quantities, aiming for more children getting a little something, rather than a little getting very sore stomachs!
Goodies can be dropped off at the School Office, in return for House Points.
Tickets are available from the office 50c each.
Australian Schools Competitions
If you wish your child to enter a competition, please complete an entry form available from the office and return it to school with the total payment due.  The last day for entries will be MONDAY 21 MARCH.  
AUSTRALIAN SCHOOLS COMPETITIONS

Digital Technologies Wednesday 18 May $8.50(Previously Computer Studies)
Science                         Tuesday 31 May         $8.50
English                         Monday 1 August $8.50
Mathematics         Monday 15 August   $8.50

ASB School Banking
Banking Day is Wednesday. The winner of the banking trophy this week is: Petra.
If you would like to open an account for your child, you can collect forms from the school office.
Playcentre Carpark
Just a friendly reminder to all parents, please do not park in the Playcentre Carpark during the ours of 8:45am & 3:15 pm. We need to keep this space free for our Playcentre Mums with little ones. Thanks.
Uniform Shop
The Uniform shop is open every Monday evening from 5:15 pm to 6:15 pm. We also have order forms available from the office or they can be downloaded from the school website.
Bombay Fun Run
The Bombay Pioneers' fun run is less than two weeks away, on Saturday, March 19. We would all love to have you participate again this year. As with previous years, there are many prizes to be won. It only takes a few minutes to enter - go online at www.bombayfunrun.nz

Pest Control Operation
If you live in our zone or the border of it, you may want to know more about the pest control operation. Details here.http://bit.ly/1LPvhk9

Coming Events
Tuesday 15 March       Franklin Zone Swimming Sports Yr 7 & 8
Wednesday 16 March Practice-Franklin Triathlon
Friday 18 March            Franklin Zone Swimming Sports Yr 6 & below
Monday 21 March        Franklin Triathlon @ Clarks Beach
Wednesday 30 March  Champion of Champions Swimming

Junior School Swimming Demonstration
We had a wonderful afternoon last Thursday. Thank you to the parents who came along to watch.
North Group Swimming Yr 6 & below
We had a fantastic day at this event held last Friday. Thank you to parents for providing transport.
See our amazing results below:
Samantha   1st Open Freestyle, 1st 25m Freestyle, 1st 25m Breaststroke,  1st 25m Backstroke
Sasha           2nd Open Freestyle, 1st 25m Freestyle, 1st 25m Breaststroke, 1st 25m Backstroke
Tess              1st 25m Freestyle, 2nd 25m Breaststroke, 1st 25m Backstroke
Drew             2nd 25m Freestyle, 2nd 25m Breaststroke, 3rd 25m Backstroke
Charlotte     1st 25 m Breaststroke,  2nd 25m Backstroke, 3rd 25m Freestyle,
Scout           3rd 25m Freestyle
Ella               3rd 25m Freestyle
Sasha          3rd 25m Breaststroke
Leah            2nd 25m Backstroke
Max             1st Open Freestyle, 2nd 25m Freestyle, 2nd 25m Breaststroke,  3rd 25m Backstroke
William        1st 25m Freestyle, 1st 25m Backstroke, 2nd Open Freestyle,3rd 25m Breaststroke
Jack             3rd 25m Freestyle,
David            1st 25m Breaststroke, 1st 25m Backstroke
Liam              2nd 25m Breaststroke
Ashton         1st 25m Breaststroke, 2nd 25m Backstroke
North Group Swimming Yr 7 & 8
Congratulations to all the competitors representing Bombay School at this event held on Tuesday. A big thank you to parents for providing transport. Results below:
Mikaela          1st 100m Freestyle, 1st 50m Freestyle, 1st 50m Breaststroke, 1st 50m Backstroke
MacKenzie     1st 100m Freestyle, 1st 50m Backstroke, 1st Girls Butterfly,  1st 50m Freestyle, 1st 50m Breaststroke,
                         1st 200m Freestyle
Olivia                2nd 100m Freestyle, 2nd 50m Breaststroke, 3rd 50m Backstroke,  3rd 50m Freestyle
Jorja                2nd 50m Backstroke, 2nd 50m Freestyle
Bronwyn          3rd 50m Backstroke, 3rd 50m Freestyle
Caitlyn              2nd 50m Backstroke, 2nd 50m Freestyle, 3rd Girls Butterfly
Caitlin               2nd 50m Breaststroke
Harrison           1st 100m Freestyle, 1st 50m Freestyle, 1st Boys Butterfly, 2nd 50m Backstroke, 2nd 50m Breaststroke
Cameron          1st 100m Freestyle, 1st 50m Breaststroke,  2nd 50m Backstroke, 2nd 50m Freestyle
Flynn                 3rd 50m Freestyle
Peter                 3rd 50m Breaststroke
Dallas               3rd 50m Breaststroke

Rooms 4, 5, 6 & 7 have thoroughly enjoyed working with the Fulton Swim School team learning about Water Safety.
The children have really enjoyed working with T-Rex from CMRFU learning how to play Rippa Rugby
COMMUNITY NOTICES
Pasifika Festival 2016
This free, family-friendly festival is back at Western Springs Park and is a great way for families to explore and learn about Pacific Island culture.

EVENT INFORMATION:
What: Pasifika Festival 2016
When: Sat 12 Mar, 10am – 5pm & Sun 13 Mar, 10am – 4pm
Where: Western Springs Park
Cost: FREE entry!

More information can be found on www.aucklandnz.com/pasifika
Bombay Playcentre
A fun safe learning environment for young children 0-5 yrs. General sessions (0-5 yrs) Mon/Wed/Fri 9 am- 12 pm. Under 1's free. Bumble Bee sessions (drop off for 3 yr+) Tues/Thurs 9 am - 12 pm. We offer 3 free visits so feel free to come along and see what we are all about. Ph 09 236 0741
BOMBAY JUNIOR BOYS RUGBY
Players wanted, late registrations will be accepted on Thursday and Friday evenings at the club and also at Muster Sunday 20 March from 9.30am
Come and join our friendly, fun and family orientated club.
KRMA Martial Arts
KRMA Martial Arts at Bombay School Hall.Mon & Wed Ph Richard 09 292 5851.
Junior Golf at Maramarua Golf Club
The following is what is coming up for junior golf:

*Saturday 19 March, 1.30. Approximately 1 1/2 hours.   Cost $5.00 per person.  Please note that this is a change of original date.

*Wednesday 20 April, 9.30 to 1.30.  Approximately 4 hours.  Morning tea, lunch, drinks provided.  Cost $30.00 per person. ($25. if more than one per family).  Clubs are available from the Golf Club if you don't have your own.

We are only doing ONE day for School Holidays this time.  Kaye Maxwell or Kevin Kretschmar will be coaching at both days, and please let me know or the Club (09 23 25 702) if you are coming.

Helpers are always appreciated, any questions please email or phone.        email: pete.av@xtra.co.nz

St Paul's Collegiate School Open Day
Rotary Club-Annual Monster Book Sale
After/ Before School Care
Engraving
Bombay Rugby Club Poker Night
POSSUM HUNT
CMRFU School Holiday Programme
Did you have a question to ask? Please enter your email address, so that we can reply to you, then ask your question.
Please ask your question. [26/02/16].                        Then click "Submit"   No need to submit if you do not have a question.
If you need an urgent response, it would be better to call the office on 09 2361012.
Submit
Clear form
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Bombay School. Report Abuse