Newsletter :  14 April
Welcome to the Bombay School Newsletter
( If you are viewing this newsletter on your phone, turn it landscape.)
( If you fill in an embedded form in this newsletter - remember to get to the end of the newsletter and to press the blue SUBMIT button. We can only see submitted forms.)

Sign in to Google to save your progress. Learn more
The ANZAC's - We will remember them
Tomorrow morning (Friday) at 9am we will have an Anzac Service out the front of school by our new flag pole. Parents are most welcome to join us. The drop off bay will be closed to cars 9am-9:30am.

Follow this link for a copy of the order of service.

http://bit.ly/1WrIDWK

Our new student leaders will lead the service.

Room 7 have been learning about Anzac Day. Below are some writing samples.
School Calendar 14 April
Thursday 14 April
Newsletter sent out today
Reminders : Book Character Day : If possible, keep your costume in your bag so that you can be in your school uniform for the ANZAC Service.   We'll understand if you can't.

Friday 15 April
Anzac Service 9am out front of school-all welcome.
Last day Term 1-school closes at the normal time.
New Flagpole - Thank you 2015 school leaders.
Our grand new flagpole was gifted to the school by the 2015 school leaders.  Thank you for your hard work to raise the funds for this legacy gift.  We appreciate it.
2016 School Leaders
Congratulations to our school leaders announced at Awards Assembly on Tuesday:
Blayze, Lachlan, Daniel, Breanna, Ashleigh, Antonia, MacKenzie, Shreya and Caitlyn.  
They introduce themselves in the video below.
In the news - introducing the school leaders
Mrs Steer has been taking Girls and Boys dance classes at lunchtime. These have been very popular-photo's below.
From Home & School
Police Vetting of Parent Helpers on over-night camps
Please note that we are required to vet camp helpers.  Currently it is taking up to two months to receive a response from the vetting service.  Do not leave your vetting application too late if you want to be a camp helper.
You can access a Word version of the form here : http://bit.ly/1SN7NcE. Complete it and return to the school office asap.
Your favourite character day
Two students, Kyle and Katherine, approached Mrs Hughes about purchasing new games for our library. They will be hosting a 'Character Day" on 15 April. Students please come dressed as your favourite character for a $2 coin donation.  All funds raised will go towards new games in the library.  ( If you can bring your costume in your bag - that would be great because we will be attending the ANZAC service first, but if you can't, we will understand.  Senior students will be on hand to help juniors into their costumes if needed.)

No paper copies of the newsletter from next term
From next term onward, you can access the newsletter via the school App or website. We can also email it to you. If you would like to start receiving your newsletter via email please send a message to : admin@bombay.school.nz
We will be saving $480 per year by not sending out paper copies.
School Holidays
The last day of Term 1 is Friday 15 April. School will reopen on Monday 2 May. Enjoy the holiday break.
Raising awareness about Fiji
ASB School Banking
Banking day is Wednesday. The winner of the banking trophy this week is: Eeva
If you would like to open an account for your child, you can collect forms from the school office.
There are 614 users of the school App.
Make a difference. Become a school trustee.
Next term we will be calling for nominations for the Board of Trustees elections.
Being a school trustee is an important role that needs people with a range of skills and experiences, who will make a positive difference to our children's learning. Make a difference and nominate yourself or someone you know by filling out a nomination form which will be posted out to all eligible voters in the first week of Term 2.  
If you would like further information please do not hesitate to contact our Principal Paul Petersen.
Orienteering North Island Secondary Schools Champs
Best of luck to Caitlyn who is participating in this event during the holidays.
Also best wishes to past pupils Ellenna, Hayley, Sheena, Nicole, Bryni, Samuel and Aidan. We are sure you will 'Do your best always'.
Thank you to the parents who have helped us today at Colin Lawrie Fields. We are now fully prepared for the first Tuesday of Term 2, competing at the Franklin Orienteering.
Junior Golf @ Maramarua
Junior Golf:  Maramarua Golf Club, 1514 State Highway 2, Maramarua
Coach:         Kevin Kretschmar, PGA Coach Member
Date:            Wednesday 20 April - 9.30 to 1.30
Cost:             $30.00 per child, concessions for two or more from same family.  Includes morning tea, lunch and drinks.
Age:              7 years to 16.  If parent is staying as helper 5 years
Equipment:    Available at the Club.
Queries/Bookings:   Club 2325 702  or Avril 2325 738  or 027 643 1958
Bombay Guides Disco this Friday night!
Bombay Scout Hall, 31 Paparata Rd, Bombay
From 5.30 to 8.30pm
$3 entry fee and refreshments available to buy
Everyone welcome
Wear colourful clothes
For Rent
Flat/Studio for RENT in Rural Pokeno: $210pw Kitchenette, unfurnished, own garage. Large deck with country view. Suitable for up to 2 tenants. Enquire 027 620 0113
Holiday Programme
It’s just under TWO weeks to go before the April School Holidays!

Kokako Lodge has a 7 days of experiencing the wonderful outdoors, everything from 'parachuting' on the High Ropes course, to hunting for Dinosaur fossils, to surviving in the bush to being a Samurai Warrior for a day!

Get in touch with us through https://goo.gl/hRW9RW or by emailing office@kokakolodge.org.nz for further information about our fun-filled programmes.

We look forward to sharing in on your Adventure in a few weeks’ time! Please note that Water safety is paramount and managed well within the Adventure regulations.
(09) 292 - 4349
Bombay Playcentre
A fun safe learning environment for young children 0-5 yrs. General sessions (0-5 yrs) Mon/Wed/Fri 9 am- 12 pm. Under 1's free. Bumble Bee sessions (drop off for 3 yr+) Tues/Thurs 9 am - 12 pm. We offer 3 free visits so feel free to come along and see what we are all about. Ph 09 236 0741
KRMA Martial Arts
KRMA Martial Arts at Bombay School Hall.Mon & Wed Ph Richard 09 292 5851.
Bombay Pony Club
Bombay Pony Club AGM to be held on Monday May 2nd at 7.30pm at Autobahn Bombay. All Welcome.
Icon Trampoline Club
Icon Trampoline Club is running a Holiday Programme on Friday 29th April from 10am-3pm. Come and learn Trampolining from the experts on Olympic Trampolines for just $50.  For enrollments or more information email icontrampoline@gmail.com or phone 256-0433.
The Flash Bang Science Club
The Flash Bang Science club children’s holiday workshops are now released for Epsom, Pakuranga, Beachlands, Ponsonby, Pukekohe and Papakura.  We are also now taking bookings for term 2 after school classes in Pukekohe, Nathan Homestead (Manurewa) and Waiuku.  For more information or to book: www.flashbangscienceclub.co.nz or email: admin@flashbangscienceclub.co.nz.
Seasons
Seasons is a Programme for young people aged 6-18yrs with changes or challenges in their lives, dealing with difficult circumstances, death or parental separation. A Seasons Parent Group and Adult Bereavement Group is also available. In-school Programmes are running in some schools. The After School Programme for Children and Teens begins on Thurs 12th of May, 2016, so if you would like more information or to enrol, please contact Marisa on 021 142 5812, Deb on (09) 238 7375, or email us at seasonsfranklin@xtra.co.nz. Our website can be found at www.pukekohecommunityaction.co.nz/Seasons.
Ridesmart Equestrian Centre Holiday lessons
Half days, group and individual lessons, All ages and abilities welcome, friendly environment, safe school master ponies and horses, all enquires to ride_smart@xtra.co.nz or 021461199.
After/ Before School Care
KIDS AFTER SCHOOL HOLIDAY PROGRAMME
April School Holidays are almost here and we have an exciting new Holiday Programme for all ages!  A copy of our brochure has been sent out through your school.  For more information and enrolment forms, see our website www.kidsafterschool.co.nz
Or visit us at our Bombay School Programme.
Spaces are limited so don’t delay in securing your spot today!!!

Engraving
Submit
Clear form
This form was created inside of Bombay School. Report Abuse