Bombay School - Our Best Always - Ake Runga - Years 0 to 8

Enrolment Scheme

Purpose:

The roll of Bombay School needs to be managed to avoid overcrowding and to ensure that resources are best used to provide good quality education.

Home Zone:

All students who live within the home zone described below and shown on the attached map shall be entitled to enrol at the school

Geographical area of Home Zone

0 - 711 Paparata Road (to Lynd Road corner) and these roads off Paparata Road, Jayar Heights, Barber Road, Wootten Road, Lowry Road, Main Road, Fahey Road, Sawyer Road, Kanuka Road, 0 - 61 Totara Road (To Tawhero Road corner), including Tawhero Road, Medhurst Road, Lynd Road, from 202 Pinnacle Hill Road (including Graham Road, Farr Road and Medhurst Road) to Paparata Road corner.

Mile Road, Portsmouth Road, Chamberlain Road, Cascades Road, 392 - 444 Hillview Road, Stone Road.

Bombay Road, from 1639 Great South Road to the motorway exit at Nikau Road, Flays Road, Ambush Road, Helland Drive, Ingram Road,

Mill Road, Beaver Road West & Beaver Road East, 0 - 270 Razorback Road, Puketutu Road.

Out of Zone Enrolments:

Each year the board will determine the number of places which are likely to be available in the following year for the enrolment of students who live outside the home zone. The board will publish this information by notice in the Franklin County News. The notice will indicate how applications are to be made and will specify a date by which all applications must be received.  Please complete an Out of Zone Application Form

Applications for enrolment will be processed in the following order of priority:

First Priority - This priority category is not applicable at this school because the school does not run a special programme approved by the secretary.

Second Priority - will be given to applicants who are siblings (brothers or sisters) of current students

Third Priority - will be given to applicants who are siblings of former students.

Fourth Priority - will be given to applicants who are children of former students of the school.

Fifth Priority- will be given to applicants who are children of board employees or a child of a member of the board of the school.

Sixth Priority: will be given to all other applicants

If there are more applicants in the second, third, fourth, fifth or sixth priority groups than there are places available, selection within the priority group will be by ballot conducted in accordance with the instructions issued by the Secretary under Section 11G(i) of the Education Act 1989.

Parents will be informed of the date of any ballot by notice in the Franklin County News.

Pre-enrolment:

Pre-enrolment is the process of applying for entry to the school. Enrolment occurs when attendance at the school commences and the student is first marked present on the school roll.

Foreign Fee Paying Students:

Foreign Fee Paying Students can not be enrolled at Bombay School.

This enrolment scheme commenced on 1 January 2003 and will be reviewed annually before 1 May.

Ballot Date for 2018 Enrolments

Primary and Intermediate Schools
Application closing date Wednesday 18 October 2017
Ballot date Wednesday 25 October 2017
35 Paparata Road, Bombay 2675
P 09 236 1012 | F 09 236 0458 | E admin@bombay.school.nz

Important Notices